Playing brain games on the computer can challenge the brain and positively influence cognitive functioning. Research about the variables contributing to brain health are explored in the introduction of my book (a memoir): TBI To Be Injured: Surviving and Thriving After a Brain Injury.
I use this particular brain games group out of Stanford. They have done an enormous amount of research to back their claims (see the IMPACT study). Some major healthcare organizations recommend this particular game.
All BrainHQ Academy webinars are recorded and posted to their YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/BrainHQ
You can find links to specific recordings here:
- Music and the Brain
- The Many Facets of Memory
- How Physical Exercise Can Improve Brain Health…This is by far the most important of the variables proven to encourage brain health.
- COVID and Brain Health: What the Science Tells Us
- Humor and the Brain
- On the Tip of My Tongue – Language and the Brain
- Nutrition and Brain Health
- The Neuroscience of Sleep